This Is How We Create Youth Engagement and Participation:
- In 2 days, we can provide you with a snapshot of your existing culture, structure and feedback loops. We do this by surveying the views of leaders, delivery staff and young people on a range of key indicators. We use our knowledge and expertise to ask tough questions to find the gaps.
- We focus on what the problems are, ask young people what they think about them and, together with adults, find practical solutions that address them. Our youth participation events leave young people and adults inspired to take action and create a legacy from what young people have said.
- Our youth consultancy services are totally bespoke. We don’t do off the shelf. We have a great team with diverse expertise, who can solve any problem.
- We know young people.
- We know how organisations work.
- We know what might stop both of you from working together.
- We equip staff with the know-how, tools and energy to do youth voice, engagement and participation successfully. Our training is fun, interactive and dynamic. There is NO PowerPoint. Ever. Learn how to engage young people online; how to involve them in service planning; or let us give you some new ideas for facilitating meetings creatively.
- Our Young Researchers project designs and asks the BIG questions to get the BIG answers you’re looking for. Young researchers interpret the data and create infographics, reports and films to help you share that with the people who matter. Save yourself some money and create a proactive response to young people’s needs right from the start.
- Our Young Journalists take the lead. They write press releases, organise social media campaigns, opinion polls and even make films, cartoons and animations. This helps you get your word out and tell young people what they need to know. Helping you to increase uptake, raise awareness and accurately share your key messages.
- Have young people involved in inspections to showcase and champion your service.Let young people tell you what they think works and doesn’t work.Create ideas, solutions to make your service better, together.Our Young Inspectors will design a line of enquiry with you, inspect it and present their results and recommendations.If asked, they may even help you implement the solutions too!
- Our Young Facilitators are aged between 16-25, most are from vulnerable backgrounds. Think care leavers, young people with disabilities, young carers. Youth Facilitators help you:
- Design contract specifications and help you monitor them.
- Support recruitment panels, help induct and appraise staff.
- Write and run training sessions for professionals and other young people.
You get your job done, with young people’s insight AND deliver a better service.
- Take Action
Being playful empowers everyone to want:1 . MORE involvement!2 . MORE projects!3 . MORE positive change!We know a few things about finding solutions to your problems. We know that adults:
1 . Are OK at asking young people their opinions.
2 . Often, miss translate what young people say
3 . Aren’t great at applying what young people say to shape services.
- Our Peer Educators find out the facts, digest them and create a campaign product.This product:Sparks a conversation with other young people.
Ignites interest in the topic.
Tells them what they need to know and where to go for help.
- Our Youth Councils and Panels are fun, interactive and accessible. This helps recruit and retain young people in long term social action.Our projects are open for young people from every walk of life.Young people tell you what you need to know and what needs to happen. Then together, you take action.